Tree Care Service
You Care, so We Climb.
Tree Care Services
A one-stop to meet all tree-related issues! Tending to trees and fulfilling all they require is what we do and help others to do, too!
Deep Root Tree Fertilizer & Soil Care
From the root to the fruit – we’re here with help at every stage!
Tree Care Management
Management & Treatment
Need help with the managing the changing needs of trees as they grow? Give us a ring!
Tree Cabling & Bracing
Get the structure of your trees in place with our cabling and bracing services.
Even trees need fertilizing despite a slow down in growth rate. Give it a go!
Residential Tree Care
We tend to trees anywhere and everywhere- residential areas included!
Need professional advice regarding landscaping? We’re a call away!
Young Tree Pruning
Our Tree Service handles Projects of any size
Whether it’s the big old banyan tree or just a couple of young trees, we have it all covered!
What People Are Saying
“I wanted to have a green cover in my workplace, which is why I signed up with Anton Geological. Result? Lush greenery around my office!”
“I always wanted to do my bit towards the environment, and Anton Geological has helped me do it! Thanks a tonne!”
“Maintaining trees is a real task, but with team Anton Geological, it seems like a child’s play!”
During extreme weather, we often run for cover and protect ourselves from any calamities. Storms are among nature’s catastrophes that have us take measures to be safe when they hit. While it is common sense to take cover during stormy weather, we sometimes forget that trees too need care and protection when storms strike. Trees are beautiful and have tons of benefits around the compound, so it is essential to take care of them like we take care of everything else around the home. As you prepare to protect trees when storms hit, make sure you seek professional advice from an arborist. In this article, I will share with you tips for tree services before and after storms.
TREE CARE BEFORE STORMS
- PRUNING: Prune and get rid of branches that are likely to cause a hazard. Check the damaged and diseased limbs. Take a thorough look at your gutter and ensure that all debris and dirt is discarded. When pruning, cut off the tiny branches at the point where they join the bigger branches. Make a habit of pruning when the tree is still young, so the tree grows with a good shape; having the center of gravity over the trunk. This way, the crown will allow the wind to pass through and not catch it.
- SOUND STRUCTURE: Different species of trees have different sound structure. Check if your tree has a definite sound structure to know what measure to take before the storm.
- TREE INSPECTION: Get a professional to look at your trees, as with no training, you may miss out on essential factors. Arborists know how to identify hazardous trees easily. They also help with management during storms and show you how to care for your trees properly. A professional arborist will tell you which treatment is best for your trees during storms and extreme weather.
TREE CARE AFTER STORMS
- SEEK FOR ASSISTANCE: You will not lose anything by getting an extra pair of hands. Don’t do everything on your own. Huge limbs and uprooted trees are dangerous and may not be handled by a chainsaw. Look out if tree branches are in contact with utility lines and inform authorities. Don’t try to save the day if you are not sure of how things should be done.
- LOOK OUT FOR BIRDS: After a storm, look out for birds and bees which probably took cover. It is important that you consider the animals as they too need care.
- ASSESS DAMAGE: Extensive storms cause some trees to lean. A tree leaning means its roots have been severely destroyed. Small trees can be straightened, but huge trees are difficult to straighten. Evaluate the damage to know whether the tree needs treatment or uprooting. Take proper care of the tree to avoid more damage in future storms.
During the dry season, always keep watering and keep an eye on the trees. Apply mulch around every once in a while and observe if the trees look stressed. Remove weak branches and those that have been damaged by insects to avoid accidents. Trees make the compound attractive and should never be cut down without any reason unless they pose a danger to life.
Trees are a part of exterior décor and landscaping. Employing tree care services will be ideal to ensure your trees are attended to professionally to maintain their health and stature. The location of trees, type of trees and the proximity to other features like buildings, water sources, electric wires, houses and fences is key to ensure you do not affect the environment and the surrounding. Here are Top 10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Tree Care Service to enable you get value for your money.
- Are they a certified service company?
Look for a company that is certified and has several certified arborists from the International Society of Arboriculture. If not, do they have Certified Tree Care Safety Professionals?
- What will be the duration of the project?
You need to be told how long your project will take to be complete. The time frame will vary with each company.
- Is a work contract and an updated certificate of insurance being issued?
Knowing that the company is fully insured and in case of any damages, injuries or accidents, you will not be liable. Getting a copy of the work contract will allow you to go through the terms and conditions prior to getting into a deal.
- Can references of rendered service be provided?
A good and reputable tree care service company should be able to give a list of customers they have previously served and have been satisfied.
- What is the estimated price of the entire project?
You need to know how much in terms of finances you will need to cough for the entire project or a section that is agreed. Without this, you might end up feeling overcharged after work that doesn’t need to be paid for highly.
- Can professionalism be depicted from the outlook of the service company?
Check if the truck or wagons are clean, well maintained and cared for. How well are equipment like? Such scrutiny can help you determine the genuineness and work abilities of a company. How their office surrounding looks like will give you more hints.
- What is their job schedule like?
What time do the grounds men begin working? Which equipment are they carrying along? If some will be too noisy, you will need to address this issue prior to the main day.
- Are the grounds men using protective equipment?
The law requires that occupational safety should be mandatory when working on any property. Workers should have protective gear on.
- Are spikes used in tree climbing to prune?
Spikes cause bad wounds and if you are not removing trees then tell them not to use them.
- Do they include topping in their service list?
Most people don’t know much about tree maintenance because the information they receive from their neighbors and friends is mostly based on misconceptions and myths. While some of this information may be true, there are high chances that the information is based on rumor. It is therefore advisable for people to receive information on tree care from a tree trimming specialist when possible. This article will discuss some of the tree care myths which most people perceive to be true information on tree care.
Trees can be strengthened by filling cavities using concrete. This is often done by tree service in Hawaii as a preventative measure against tropical storms and hurricanes.
Many house owners may think that adding concrete to hollows supports a tree but this does more harm than good to the tree. In most cases, this has a reverse effect on the tree as it speeds up decay and stimulates tree breakage.
You can stimulate the growth of a tree by pruning it anytime you want
It is true that the pruning process results in vigorous and dense growth of a plant but overdoing it may affect the overall health of the tree. Healthy pruning has numerous benefits to a tree but overdoing it may pose a problem to the tree .as this process consumes a lot of energy from the tree.
You can make your trees safer by topping them
Topping your trees causes an extreme damage to the health of the tree as this causes serious injuries to the tree which can lead to structural issues in the long-run.
You can speed up the healing of a tree by cutting close to the trunk
Trees are not capable of healing through the regeneration of lost tissues and therefore once they are pruned, they cover the resulting injuries by new layers of wood. When you cut close to the trunk of the tree, it can result in diseases and decay. When pruning, one should, therefore, retain the section of the tree that surrounds the branches’ base.
Sealing a tree can prevent decay
Homeowners often turn to paint or tree seal in order to prevent insect infections or prevent decay on the tree. This may temporarily solve the problem but it deteriorates the health of your tree in the long-run. Contrary to an opinion held by many people, tree seal causes more harm than good to the health of your tree.
You can improve the health of your tree by adding topsoil to the base
Most people may think that the addition of topsoil to the base of your tree improves its health but it may rather have the opposite effect. Excessive cultivation, constant change of grade, or too much soil may lead to serious consequence on the tree like root loss.
The roots of a tree extend deep underground
While there are trees with roots which extends several feet to the ground, the majority of trees have their root few inches underground. It is therefore important to protect the base of the tree as this helps to improve its health.
Deep root fertilization is good for the tree
Most trees have their roots concentrated some few inches in the ground and therefore applying deep root fertilization may lead to breakage of the roots.
Trees don’t regular maintenance as they thrive in nature
A tree requires regular care and maintenance as this help to improve its overall health.
When a tree loses a large portion of its roots, some branches should be pruned to compensate for the root loss
This actually causes more health problem for the tree and it adds on to the damage of the tree. The tree will now require more energy to heal both the roots and the branches than it would if the tree was not pruned.
299 Late Avenue
Meno, OK 73760
713 Thomas Street
Chicago, IL 60607
We would love to answer any questions or schedule an appointment. Please feel free to call us at one of our offices on the left or send us an email using the form below.