Tree Care Service
You Care, so We Climb.
Tree Care Services
A one-stop to meet all tree-related issues! Tending to trees and fulfilling all they require is what we do and help others to do, too!
Deep Root Tree Fertilizer & Soil Care
From the root to the fruit – we’re here with help at every stage!
Tree Care Management
Management & Treatment
Need help with the managing the changing needs of trees as they grow? Give us a ring!
Tree Cabling & Bracing
Get the structure of your trees in place with our cabling and bracing services.
Even trees need fertilizing despite a slow down in growth rate. Give it a go!
Residential Tree Care
We tend to trees anywhere and everywhere- residential areas included!
Need professional advice regarding landscaping? We’re a call away!
Young Tree Pruning
Our Tree Service handles Projects of any size
Whether it’s the big old banyan tree or just a couple of young trees, we have it all covered!
What People Are Saying
“I wanted to have a green cover in my workplace, which is why I signed up with Anton Geological. Result? Lush greenery around my office!”
“I always wanted to do my bit towards the environment, and Anton Geological has helped me do it! Thanks a tonne!”
“Maintaining trees is a real task, but with team Anton Geological, it seems like a child’s play!”
When it comes to the basic needs of our trees, like water and fertilizer, we can confidently say that we can provide it to them. However, we may be missing something very important to trees—trimming. Trimming is as crucial as the other tree care to keep the health of a tree in top condition. While it can be challenging to perform the task, especially if it’s your first time, it is doable.
If you’re willing to do the task, here’s a simple step-by-step guide to pruning small trees.
When to and not to DIY tree trimming
If you’re looking to trim small branches from a small tree, by all means, do it! But if you will be required to climb a ladder to access the branches, or it’s close to utility lines, don’t even think about doing it. The job is just too risky and may put yourself in danger.
HOW TO TRIM SMALL TREE BRANCHES YOURSELF
We will start with the proper way of trimming a single branch and discuss how to prune a small tree. In trimming a branch, you should:
- Never use dull and rusty pruning tools.
- Make sure you are well-versed with the different parts of the tree. The branch collar is found under the branch where it connects with the tree. This can be difficult to locate in some trees while easier on others. Another crucial part is the branch ridge, which is located somewhere between the branch and the trunk.
- Look intently at the branch you will trim. Keep in mind that you want to make a cut just beyond the branch collar to avoid leaving a stub. Make sure you don’t cut too close the collar itself.
- For a branch that is less than an inch in diameter, you can find trim it a little behind the branch collar. The cut should be made at a 45-60 degree angle.
- Use the three-cut principle when cutting thicker branches. Cut halfway under the branch, about 10-15 inches from the branch collar. Then, move some inches from the initial cut and cut into the top of the branch. Finally, make the last cut beyond the branch collar.
HOW TO TRIM A SMALL TREE
Do the same procedure in cutting a branch when pruning a small tree. But other factors should be considered, such as the following:
- Identify the branches you’ll trim and the ones you will keep. You can use the hands of a clock to help you determine the branches that should remain. If a branch is growing at a 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock angle from the trunk, you should keep this branch. Eliminate branches and limbs that are growing in all directions.
- Know how much to trim. We don’t recommend trimming beyond 25% of the tree’s canopy at one trimming session.
- Get rid of the growth at the lower portion of the trunk. Remove dead and damaged branches. Don’t forget to trim water sprouts or the weak branches that grow in clusters.
- Prune limbs that compete with the leader branch in younger trees.
- Lastly, prune the branches following the process mentioned above.
How Improper DIY Trimming Can Affect the Tree and Kill It
- While one wrong cut will not entirely kill your tree, several wrong ones can.
- Don’t cut away beyond 25% of a tree’s canopy in one cutting session because it can lead to its decline.
- Another fatal error is damaging the branch collar. We always say this, and it is worth mentioning again- don’t cut through the branch collar. Hurting the branch collar will prevent the wound from healing and sealing properly. This could result in infection and decay that can also impact other trees in the area.
- Finally, never make the mistake of topping a tree.
Why You Should Leave Trimming of Large Trees to a Professional
If you noticed, we only talked about trimming small branches in small trees. This is because we encourage you not to trim large trees.
It is never safe to prune heavy branches in tall trees. This will require you to climb a ladder to access the branches, and this is risky. You could lose your balance and fall to the ground and obtain injuries. If you don’t get a good grip of the branches, they can fall on your property and damage it. Professional tree companies should do large-scale tasks like these because they own the right equipment to complete the job. Large trees have heavy branches that can be difficult to cut for someone inexperienced. Attempting to take on a job like this can lead to injuries and damage to properties.
Tree service may fluctuate across the nation and even in states or regions. This tree service pricing article offers the factors and details regarding pricing. Tree services generally when supplied by a skilled and insured firm, aren’t affordable. The elements for this are the result of equipment and insurance expenses. A tree service firm should take two forms of insurance: liability protection and workers’ compensation. Liability insurance is essential to pay any damages resulting from the tree service business, for example to houses, vehicles, etc.. At a minimum, a business should take a $1,000,000 liability coverage. Although it’s uncommon that a professional tree service provider damages your house, it’s always wise to guarantee the tree service company you hire has a policy. Furthermore, employees’ compensation is imperative to pay for the organization’s workers. Tree service function is just one of the most hazardous in the nation and accidents do happen. Without employees’ settlement, a homeowner could be responsible for injuries sustained in their own property. Again, always request tree the employees’ compensation coverage of almost any tree service business you’re thinking about. Employees’ compensation may vary, but normally, it’s 20 percent of labor price. Thus, for each $1,000 in labor prices a tree service company has, it’s going to have another $200 in employees’ compensation price. Equipment costs drive pricing too. Further, there’s gasoline with this equipment and regular maintenance. A tree service company operating with at least two crews will need to get double or even more of gear to land outfit every team. Here we detail exactly what these factors are and also the overall rates for all those services. Tree Size – how big this tree pushes the biggest aspect of pricing because bigger trees cost much more money to eliminate. There’s more labor and frequently equipment costs related to the elimination of a massive tree vs. a bigger one. Tree dimensions are grouped into three classes to get a demanding estimating: below 40′; involving 40′ – 60′; and above 80′. Tree Location – that the tree’s place is a significant factor as trees near houses, construction, electricity lines, etc.. Cost more to eliminate. That is because essential safeguards have to be obtained during the elimination procedure to prevent damaging any of those constructions. These protect the kind of further labor and possibly gear, thus forcing up the cost. By way of instance, a tree with several trunks cost a little bit more because those trunks tend to lean therefore possibly risking nearby land constructions. Given these factors, tree removal costs range from $400 to more than 2,000 for the biggest trees. A tree service estimator can pinpoint the specific price to eliminate your tree through our completely free quote procedure. Tree trimming pricing can be driven by the same few factors along with a fourth one that’s special to trimming. Tree Size – how big this tree to be pruned is your single most significant factor driving — the bigger the tree, the more labor and equipment required to trim it safely and correctly. Cutting and Cutting big, heavy limbs in heights requires additional labor and gear. Further, bigger trees will only have longer to trim than bigger trees. Other labor and equipment are usually necessary in such case to protect the local structures. These kinds of trees lean so that they possibly require measures to ensure no damage occurs to neighboring property constructions. More trimming means the higher price is forcing pricing up. With these variables, tree trimming usually ranges from $200 to more than 1,000 for its biggest, most overgrown trees. Again, calling a tree service to give quality and professional tree maintenance will allow you to procure a quick, free quote on the specific price to trimming your tree(s). Other minor aspects driving stump grinding costs will likely probably soon be tree species, place, and age. Hardwood stumps are somewhat more challenging to grind because of their hardness. If a site makes it hard to get or grind the stump, then the cost might be marginally more. Last, a more recent stump requires a little more time to grind compared to an old one who needs enough time to weather, rust and era.
During extreme weather, we often run for cover and protect ourselves from any calamities. Storms are among nature’s catastrophes that have us take measures to be safe when they hit. While it is common sense to take cover during stormy weather, we sometimes forget that trees too need care and protection when storms strike. Trees are beautiful and have tons of benefits around the compound, so it is essential to take care of them like we take care of everything else around the home. As you prepare to protect trees when storms hit, make sure you seek professional advice from an arborist. In this article, I will share with you tips for tree services before and after storms.
TREE CARE BEFORE STORMS
- PRUNING: Prune and get rid of branches that are likely to cause a hazard. Check the damaged and diseased limbs. Take a thorough look at your gutter and ensure that all debris and dirt is discarded. When pruning, cut off the tiny branches at the point where they join the bigger branches. Make a habit of pruning when the tree is still young, so the tree grows with a good shape; having the center of gravity over the trunk. This way, the crown will allow the wind to pass through and not catch it.
- SOUND STRUCTURE: Different species of trees have different sound structure. Check if your tree has a definite sound structure to know what measure to take before the storm.
- TREE INSPECTION: Get a professional to look at your trees, as with no training, you may miss out on essential factors. Arborists know how to identify hazardous trees easily. They also help with management during storms and show you how to care for your trees properly. A professional arborist will tell you which treatment is best for your trees during storms and extreme weather.
TREE CARE AFTER STORMS
- SEEK FOR ASSISTANCE: You will not lose anything by getting an extra pair of hands. Don’t do everything on your own. Huge limbs and uprooted trees are dangerous and may not be handled by a chainsaw. Look out if tree branches are in contact with utility lines and inform authorities. Don’t try to save the day if you are not sure of how things should be done.
- LOOK OUT FOR BIRDS: After a storm, look out for birds and bees which probably took cover. It is important that you consider the animals as they too need care.
- ASSESS DAMAGE: Extensive storms cause some trees to lean. A tree leaning means its roots have been severely destroyed. Small trees can be straightened, but huge trees are difficult to straighten. Evaluate the damage to know whether the tree needs treatment or uprooting. Take proper care of the tree to avoid more damage in future storms.
During the dry season, always keep watering and keep an eye on the trees. Apply mulch around every once in a while and observe if the trees look stressed. Remove weak branches and those that have been damaged by insects to avoid accidents. Trees make the compound attractive and should never be cut down without any reason unless they pose a danger to life. See Jacksonville Tree Service for more information.
Trees are a part of exterior décor and landscaping. Employing tree care services will be ideal to ensure your trees are attended to professionally to maintain their health and stature. The location of trees, type of trees and the proximity to other features like buildings, water sources, electric wires, houses and fences is key to ensure you do not affect the environment and the surrounding. Here are Top 10 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Tree Care Service to enable you get value for your money.
- Are they a certified service company?
Look for a company that is certified and has several certified arborists from the International Society of Arboriculture. If not, do they have Certified Tree Care Safety Professionals?
- What will be the duration of the project?
You need to be told how long your project will take to be complete. The time frame will vary with each company.
- Is a work contract and an updated certificate of insurance being issued?
Knowing that the company is fully insured and in case of any damages, injuries or accidents, you will not be liable. Getting a copy of the work contract will allow you to go through the terms and conditions prior to getting into a deal.
- Can references of rendered service be provided?
A good and reputable tree care service company should be able to give a list of customers they have previously served and have been satisfied.
- What is the estimated price of the entire project?
You need to know how much in terms of finances you will need to cough for the entire project or a section that is agreed. Without this, you might end up feeling overcharged after work that doesn’t need to be paid for highly.
- Can professionalism be depicted from the outlook of the service company?
Check if the truck or wagons are clean, well maintained and cared for. How well are equipment like? Such scrutiny can help you determine the genuineness and work abilities of a company. How their office surrounding looks like will give you more hints.
- What is their job schedule like?
What time do the grounds men begin working? Which equipment are they carrying along? If some will be too noisy, you will need to address this issue prior to the main day.
- Are the grounds men using protective equipment?
The law requires that occupational safety should be mandatory when working on any property. Workers should have protective gear on.
- Are spikes used in tree climbing to prune?
Spikes cause bad wounds and if you are not removing trees then tell them not to use them.
- Do they include topping in their service list?
Most people don’t know much about tree care because the information they receive from their neighbors and friends is mostly based on misconceptions and myths. While some of this information may be true, there are high chances that the information is based on rumor. It is therefore advisable for people to receive information on tree care from a tree trimming specialist when possible. This article will discuss some of the tree care myths which most people perceive to be true information on tree care.
Trees can be strengthened by filling cavities using concrete. This is often done by tree care in companies as a preventative measure against tropical storms and hurricanes.
Many house owners may think that adding concrete to hollows supports a tree but this does more harm than good to the tree. In most cases, this has a reverse effect on the tree as it speeds up decay and stimulates tree breakage.
You can stimulate the growth of a tree by pruning it anytime you want
It is true that the pruning process results in a vigorous and dense growth of a plant but overdoing it may affect the overall health of the tree. Healthy pruning has numerous benefits to a tree but overdoing it may pose a problem to the tree .as this process consumes a lot of energy from the tree.
You can make your trees safer by topping them
Topping your trees causes extreme damage to the health of the tree as this causes serious injuries to the tree which can lead to structural issues in the long-run.
You can speed up the healing of a tree by cutting close to the trunk
Trees are not capable of healing through the regeneration of lost tissues and therefore once they are pruned, they cover the resulting injuries by new layers of wood. When you cut close to the trunk of the tree, it can result in diseases and decay. When pruning, one should, therefore, retain the section of the tree that surrounds the branches’ base.
Sealing a tree can prevent decay
Homeowners often turn to paint or tree seal in order to prevent insect infections or prevent decay on the tree. This may temporarily solve the problem but it deteriorates the health of your tree in the long-run. Contrary to an opinion held by many people, tree seal causes more harm than good to the health of your tree.
You can improve the health of your tree by adding topsoil to the base
Most people may think that the addition of topsoil to the base of your tree improves its health but it may rather have the opposite effect. Excessive cultivation, constant change of grade, or too much soil may lead to serious consequence on the tree like root loss.
The roots of a tree extend deep underground
While there are trees with roots which extends several feet to the ground, the majority of trees have their root few inches underground. It is therefore important to protect the base of the tree as this helps to improve its health.
Deep root fertilization is good for the tree
Most trees have their roots concentrated some few inches in the ground and therefore applying deep root fertilization may lead to breakage of the roots.
Trees don’t regular maintenance as they thrive in nature
A tree requires regular care and maintenance as this help to improve its overall health.
When a tree loses a large portion of its roots, some branches should be pruned to compensate for the root loss
This actually causes more health problem for the tree and it adds on to the damage of the tree. The tree will now require more energy to heal both the roots and the branches than it would if the tree was not pruned. Contact Trinity Tree Service Dayton OH for more information.
299 Late Avenue
Meno, OK 73760
713 Thomas Street
Chicago, IL 60607
We would love to answer any questions or schedule an appointment. Please feel free to call us at one of our offices on the left or send us an email using the form below.